The husband to the Queen of England, Prince Phillip, has been confirmed dead by Buckingham palace.
Immediately the demise of the Duke of Edinburgh was announced, condolatory messages poured in from the different parts of the world, the British royal family remains one of the respected and influential royalties in the world.
Prince Phillip died at the age of 99, he has been married to the Queen of England, Elizabeth Alexandra Mary, for 70 years.
Both the Queen and Prince Phillip got to know each other in the early part of their life. Despite reservations, the two got married and had a lovely union that lasted for several decades.
Prince Phillip performed the role of the consort to the Queen with love and care, he often accompanied the Queen on several tours and was always there for the royal family.
Both the Queen and Prince Phillip had four children, eight grandchildren, and many great-grandchildren.
Their children are Prince Charles ( the Prince of Wales), Prince Andrew (the Duke of York), Princess Anne, and Prince Edward Earl of Wessex.
Checkout out pictures of Prince Charles with the Queen and his father.
Have a look are the pictures of Prince Andrew.
Take a look at pictures of Princess Anne.
Check out the pictures of Prince Edward Earl of Wessex.
As for the eight grandchildren of the Queen, have a look at them.
- Peter Phillips: He is the oldest grandchild of the queen, he is the son of Princess Anne.
- Zara Tindall: She is the only daughter of Princess Anne. Zara is married with three children.
- Prince William: He is the son of Prince Charles and has a great chance of becoming a king one day.
- Prince Harry: He is the junior brother of Prince William and the son of Prince Charles.
- Princess Beatrice: She is the daughter of Prince Andrew.
- Princess Eugenie: Her father is Prince Andrew (the Duke of York).
- Lady Louise Windsor: She is the daughter of Prince Edward Earl of Wessex.
8.James, Viscount Severn: He is the son of Prince Edward Earl of Wessex.
The death of Prince Phillip is a huge loss to the British royal family, may his gentle soul rest in perfect peace.